Detailed Guide to Help You Install a Cooker Hood in Your Home
The cooking process is one that emits a lot of smoke, heat, and moisture. When combined, the three can cause irreparable damage to your walls and cabinets. The only way to make sure that this will not happen is to install a cooker hood, which will help improve ventilation in your kitchen as well as do away with unwanted and unwelcome odors.We provide Cooker Hood Installation for Fujioh, chimney, Bosch, Telescopic, Elba & other brands in Singapore with best service and cheap price
The Preparation Process
LS Handyman Singapore recommends that you follow this process:
- Start by removing any old hood that may be present. While at it, be sure to locate and disconnect the electrical connection that is likely to be close to a light fixture.
- Take measurements to confirm that the hood being installed will be at least twenty to thirty inches above the cooker’s surface. It should also be able to cover the entire area being used to cook.
- Carefully observe the venting direction. Normally, it ought to run through a wall or across a cabinet.
- Turn the cooker hood over a counter or table and check whether there is metal covering close to its light fixtures.
Mounting Your Cooker Hood
The following instructions are meant to guide you install the cooker hood beneath a cabinet.
- Carefully hold your hood into position. You should have someone with you to help you mark the locations where the keyholes are placed. Drill in some screws up to their halfway mark before placing the hood on to these screws.
- In case the cabinets’ underside is recessed or too thin to accommodate mounting screws, make sure you attach some wooden blocks on either sides to ensure that the hood will receive sturdy support.
- The hood openings ought to be properly aligned with the existing ductwork.
How to Attach the Wiring
- You will need to thread the wires via the tiny opening in the hood’s back as well as in the cable clamp. You should see two wires: black and white. Follow the guidelines on the instruction manual to make sure that you connect them to the correct wire connectors.
- Once the hood has been properly wired and well-positioned, tighten your screws until they are firmly in position.
- Turn on the power to test whether it is working properly
Our Handyman Services :
Replace door knob / hinge
Replace bedroom door
Install pictures / shelves / mirrors / blinds
Install TV brackets
Install wall-mounted fan
Install ceiling fan
Install cooker hood
Replace leaking pipes
Clear choked floor trap / sink / toilet bowl
Install shower set
Install water heater
Install toilet bowl
Replace light fittings / light bulbs / switch socket outlet
Install telephone / data points
Unlock Service ( Locksmith )
Aluminum Glass Door Repair
Sliding Door Repair