How to Install a Water Heater
Imagine waking up early in the morning ready to go to work only for you to realize that your normally hot shower is now cold. It could be that it has just stopped working or has sprung a leak. If this is the case, then it may be time for you to replace the heater altogether.
Traditionally, a heater has an average lifespan of between eight and twelve years. When the time comes to pick a new one, make sure that you make the right pick. The following is how to install a water heater according to LS Handyman Singapore.
The Removal Process
- Start by ensuring that the cut-off valve has been turned off. This applies to those using gas water heaters.
- Proceed to shut off the water supply before switching on all the taps that supply hot water in your home.
- Be sure to use a garden hose to ensure that the tank has been drained completely.
- Normally, the pipes tend to be hard-plumbed. This is something that will require you to disconnect the lines. Alternatively, you can choose to unscrew the whole setup.
- Make certain that all the pipes have been disconnected before removing your heater. There are heaters that tend to be very heavy. Therefore, consider requesting for help from a friend or colleague.
- Take your water heater and gently place it into its correct positon.
- Make sure that all the pipes have been reconnected. If the old heater did not have connector hoses, make sure you have added them in your new install.
- Confirm that the hot water taps are still open. Once confirmed, turn on the supply lines. The reason for doing this is to ensure that air will not be trapped inside your water supply lines.
- Allow the water to flow freely for about sixty seconds before switching the faucets off.
- Proceed to reconnect all your wires and then restart the power.
- Allow your water enough time to heat up
If you experience any problems with the removal or installation of a new water heater, consider calling the LS Handyman Singapore.
Our Handyman Services :
Replace door knob / hinge
Replace bedroom door
Install pictures / shelves / mirrors / blinds
Install TV brackets
Install wall-mounted fan
Install ceiling fan
Install cooker hood
Replace leaking pipes
Clear choked floor trap / sink / toilet bowl
Install shower set
Install water heater
Install toilet bowl
Replace light fittings / light bulbs / switch socket outlet
Install telephone / data points
Unlock Service ( Locksmith )
Aluminum Glass Door Repair
Sliding Door Repair