Install a New Tap
There are many reasons why a home owner may choose to replace a tap in the bathroom or kitchen. It could be that the tap has stopped working, is in efficient, or the owners are just looking to refresh their kitchen design. Whatever the reason behind this, LS Handyman Singapore recommends that you observe the following steps:
Before You Make a Purchase
If you are interested in replacing the tap in an existing sink, it will be essential to check beneath it to determine the number of holes that it has—they normally range between one and four. They are used to determine the faucet that will work perfectly with that sink.
Removing the Old Tap
- Always start by shutting off the water valves that are located beneath the sink. It helps in relieving any pressure that may be present in the pipes.
- Take a picture of the current configuration. This may come in handy later on.
- Place a tiny bucket next to the connections to help you collect any water that may be present in the supply lines
- Have someone hold the tap for you from above. This will help you to concentrate on loosening the nuts using a basin wrench.
- Get rid of tap and clean any grime that could be present on its surface
Installing the New Tap
- Place the plastic gasket over your tap holes before proceeding to place the deck plate.
- Take the tap lines and place them on to the corresponding holes
- Connect the nuts and washers beneath your sink
- Pull down your tap and then quickly attach its hose to the main supply pipe. Once attached, pull it down before installing the weight
- Use plumbing tape to connect your supply lines
- Slowly turn the water on as you check whether there are any leaks
- Do away with the aerator before letting the water to run-on for at least five minutes. Check everything once again and make the necessary adjustments.
- Close the tap and re-install your aerator
Our Handyman Services :
Replace door knob / hinge
Replace bedroom door
Install pictures / shelves / mirrors / blinds
Install TV brackets
Install wall-mounted fan
Install ceiling fan
Install cooker hood
Replace leaking pipes
Clear choked floor trap / sink / toilet bowl
Install shower set
Install water heater
Install toilet bowl
Replace light fittings / light bulbs / switch socket outlet
Install telephone / data points
Unlock Service ( Locksmith )
Aluminum Glass Door Repair
Sliding Door Repair